Tuesday, September 4, 2012

COMM3560 Visceral Response: Alyson

Don't worry I have already been told that I have a pretty lame dream car… But I really don't care. I am obsessed with 2012 Infinity FX35! They are so sweet, smooth and sexy. The law of continuity is what stands out the most to me about this beautiful piece of art. Similarly to what Professor Young said about the hip line of the Spider, I see this as a continuum of curves. After test driving one I was sold on how sleek the inside was. From the thud of the doors, to the click of the blinker it all seemed to work so well together to give me that feeling of beauty deep inside me.
Similarity is displayed by the curves in this vehicle The wheel wells, windows, hood, roof etc. Although the headlights are not round, the shape creates a line which cause the eye to follow them back as if to display speed. Without seeing the rear view, we can feel the closure created by the way the car is parked. It is a whole and complete object that stands for luxury, safety, and stability.
To take this theory one step further, a car is comprised of metal, wheels, glass, etc. Unless these parts are correctly assembled and adjusted to work together, the individual parts are nothing more than scrap, but combined they have created this completely desirable car to me the consumer. 

1 comment: