Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Evaluation

First glance you may think this is a good design because it makes you LOOK! The Nike Swoosh stands out, which is good because that is the product that is being sold. However what does a naked women holding this show represent? To me nothing more than the concept that sex sells. Which is true, however in the second add I posted for Nike, I found a much more intriguing advertisement which causes me to want to go out and buy this product.
This now is still a women, yet she represents more than just a sexy creature, she is strong, driven, pushing herself to the limits. And although the shoes are not the first thing the consumer may see, Nike is such a recognizable brand that I think the action in the photo is what the focus is supposed to be. There is still contrast with the bright neon colored shoes, and with the motion of her body there is no way the viewer could be mislead with what the product is.

No comments:

Post a Comment